It's not just a wellness program, it's a lifestyle. Hanna Somatics can be a beautiful tool that allows a more pain free movement lifestyle.
WHO IS THIS CLASS FOR?
• All levels of body competency are welcome.
• Men & Women
• Young Adults through Seniors
Benefits of HSE and the Feel Better and Move Better classes:
• Improve mobility, strength and coordination
• Improve posture and appearance
• Long term pain relief from a host of common conditions
• Improve physical fitness & athletic skills
• Increased flexibility, coordination, stress relief, balance and proprioception
• Eliminate the need for guarding to protect injured areas caused by trauma or repetitive use
• Effective at relieving chronic aches such as headaches, neck, shoulder, hip, knee & back pain, painful joints & muscles, plantar fasciitis, and sciatica.
• Improve posture, ease of breathing and freedom of movement
• Lifelong skills that teach you how to regain voluntary control of habitually tight muscles
• Greater physical independence and mastery of your movement
• A safe, easy and common sense alternative to drugs, and surgery.
WHAT IS A FEEL BETTER MOVE BETTER CLASS?
Feel Better and Move Better classes utilize a technique called Hanna Somatic Education® (HSE). HSE is a movement practice that is safe, fun and highly effective at addressing the root causes of most chronic muscular pain. Through slow and gentle movement patterns you open the door to the part of the brain that controls all muscle tightness. By engaging your brain, you can learn to regain awareness, sensation and motor control of muscles. As a result, you move better and you feel better!
We are organized as a whole and from this whole flows our consciousness with its insights and possibilities, all our musculoskeletal -physiological systems, our emotions and beliefs. Somas are self- organizing, self-generating, self-correcting and self-healing.
HOW WILL THIS CLASS HELP ME?
Every aspect of psycho-emotional physical health is dependent on getting enough movement. The key is discovering which HSE movements (i.e. Daily Cat Stretch) benefit you the most and then making a commitment to do your Somatic movements daily. No matter what other activities you do—sports, dance, yoga, Pilates, running, walking ...... the Feel Better and Move Better class and your newly learned somatic movements will release tension and chronic muscular contractions created by your life habits, work, hobbies, and fitness & sports activities.
WHAT DO I NEED FOR THE CLASS?
• Although some facilities have supplies, please bring a mat
• Some bring a pillow or towel for under their neck if they need more head and neck support.
• Wear comfortable clothing and layers so you are comfortable.
Sign up to get more information about class schedule and details.