A Brief Introduction to
"Chair Massage" describes a type of massage that is performed while the client is fully clothed, making it ideal for an office setting or other less-than-private locations. The unique massage chair is ergonomically designed and offers full support of the head (face forward), arms, torso and legs. A chair massage is easy to set up and can be performed practiacally anywhere.
A Chair Massage is performed by licensed massage therapists who use a combination of deep tissue and Swedish massage techniques, usually on the muscle groups in the neck, shoulders, back, arms and hands.
Benefits of Chair Massage
A chair massage offers many benefits, including
- Increased circulation and the flow of nutrients throughout the body
- Reduced muscular tension that can lead to chronic pain
- Stimulated lymphatic tissues thereby flushing out toxins
- Relief of muscle stiffness and stress-induced tension
- Release of endorphins (the "feel-good" hormones) into the blood stream
- Reduced fatigue, anxiety and depression
- Helping to provide a better quality of sleep